Seeking Dizzy Solutions for a 1275 ?

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seeking Dizzy Solutions for a 1275 ?
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:57:00 -0400
I've got 2 distributers to hand. Both are Lucas with vacuum
advance mechanisms attached. The one is the original to the car
and is suffering acute old age. The other is a replacement I
bought some years back but never used because the vacuum
advance never seemed to work right. I am looking for alternatives:

a) I'd like to find a good, new dizzy as a replacement, but they
seem hard to find.

2) I wonder, would I be better off WITHOUT the vacuum unit?
Where might I find one, and how would I re-tune for the
lack of advance?

C) Guess I could always take the vacuum unit from the
old dizzy (altho it's probably pretty knackered by now)
and add it to the newer body.

I have put the newer dizzy in, and am only waiting for these
thunder storms to pass before giving it a road test.

I'm not sure whether I will trust this dizzy, and I would
really like some constructive solutions.

thanks,

chuck (chuckc@attglobal.net) ciaffone

///