Re: LBC Garage Necessities

To: "O'CONNORS, CHARLIE" <coconnor@ersnet.com>, "Mgs \(E-mail\)" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC Garage Necessities
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:22:48 -0700
When I added a detached 2 car garage + shop, some distance from the house, I
had it wired for TV cable (In case my cable ever offers Speed Vision),
Phone, Intercom, etc. You could also have computer network cabling installed
(I have enough room in the pipe to the house to pull more cable through).
All of this is a easier to install while the studs are bare.

I also had 6 overhead power receptacles installed at various locations for
use with reel type extension cords. This insures that I always have power
where I need it. I found some reels with 14 gauge wire which is heavy enough
for most power tools, including my 5HP compressor.

I'm going to install a large, fixed location, compressor one of these days,
along with piping to carry the air to various locations within the garage.

Make sure you have some 220 power outlets installed, even if you don't need
them now. You may want to add a heavy duty welder or air compressor someday.

Also, don't use 6 foot florescent lights. I've since found out that it is
rare to find a 6 footer that does not HUM.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com

> others that would be interested in knowing what is the ideal garage for
> working on these cars.  Looking forward to hearing from you all.
>
> Charlie O'Connors

///