Re: 45D in a 1275?

To: chuckc@attglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 45D in a 1275?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:26:57 EDT
Chuck C & the list,

You need to forget about Lucas distributors being a 25D, 45D etc, they are
just body names and there are only a handful of body types.

What counts is the bobweights and springs inside the distributor itself which
are specific to each individual engine spec for which there are hundreds.

Just because a body is a 25D does NOT mean it will be right for your car just
the same as a 45D might be RIGHT even though it is replacing a 25D.

What counts is the spec of the distributor itself.  Bearing in mind that the
later distributor bodies in many cases are just a modern body with the same
old curve for standard (1275/1300 Midget, Marina, Maestro whatever) engines
and same old curve for mild tuned (Midget, Cooper, MG Metro whatever) engines.

THE ADVANCE CURVE IS WHAT COUNTS NOT THE BODY TYPE and if your engine isn't
stock a stock distributor won't be right anyway.  Have a look in DVs book or
visit his web magazine (www.motortecmag.com) for further info or to post a
question.

Daniel1312

Daniel1312

In a message dated 09/04/01 07:11:43 Pacific Daylight Time,