Scalextric - V-LBC content

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Scalextric - V-LBC content
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:46:50 EDT
Hi list,

Bought my 4+ year old daughter a scalextric slot car racing set today
(www.scalextric.com) for an Easter present and figured that since Easter is
to with Jesus rather than chocolate eggs a scalextric would be just as
appropriate.

Also had a extra car that I bought off e-bay (UK) for about a third the price
of a new car.

Two cars came with the set, one a rally Ford Focus the other a rally Subura
Impreza (a rice ride!).  More to these little cars than I imagined with these
modern cars having a magnet in the body to help keep the cars on the track
(magnatraction).  The Ford seems quickest and less likely to break loose at
the rear end despite having narrower tyres but does have a slightly longer
wheelbase.  Weight of the cars is supposed to be the same so I think the key
difference is that the Ford has a tranverse and rear bias motor which puts
more weight towards the rear axle line.

And the Metro - it drives like a truck!  No magnetraction, very short
wheelbase, taller ride height.  In fact I had to modify the pick up section
to lower the C of G and improve the handling.  However, it still tends to 3
wheel through a corner when driven fast rather than hang the tail out like
the other cars.

My daughter likes the set to and I even got my wife to give me a race.  Might
go to down to the model shop on Saturday to pick up some more track, maybe
consider buying another Ford or perhaps a Caterham!

Daniel1312 - another sad case of car obsession

///