RE: [midgetsprite] Engine Conversion

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [midgetsprite] Engine Conversion
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:14:25 -0700 m>
over here in the US... not quite as cheap. We can import a 20 valve 4age for
$1500-$2000 and that is probably without the electronics!

But the other 4age motors were imported here and very available. In fact my
Midget (a combination of the 69 and 74) is going to get that engine, gearbox
and rear end. I have seen it installed, it looks slick. Especially without
the electronics and with some carbs to make it at least somewhat authentic.
But that project is only after my current one, getting the Sprite back on
the road, in factory trim.

Toby
69 Sprite
69 Midget
74 Midget.
71 Toyota Land Cruiser.

In the current issue of the AHSDC club magazine (Goblins' Gazette), there
is an article on a Toyota 4AGE conversion.

You can apparently fit versions up to 130kw version in a Sprite. It is
*very* quick yet cheap and
reliable. There are 2 racecars and at least one road car in the club that
have done this conversion.

The magazien is online at the club website

http://reality.sgi.com/ahsdc

use the "Magazine" link in the top bar, and select "top level page" link
from the body...

The article is on pgs 16 & 17 of the magazine.