Fuel Tank Ground

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Tank Ground
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:37:56 -0700
I've got my fuel tank out trying to solve the jumping fuel gage needle
problem.  I thought I might have put the sending unit in the top of the
tank backwards, but no it IS the right way (stud for electrical
connection facing towards the front of the car).  The sliding contacts
inside the unit look good and contact the wire windings for the full
movement of the float.  The wire from the stud to the coil wire is not
broken.  My question is, is the tank supposed to ground to the body
somehow?  There is only one wire going to the sending unit and the
sending unit casing contacts the tank through the six top screws.  So,
is the tank supposed to ground to the car chassis somehow?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite.

///