Re: ID tag

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ID tag
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:31:35 -0600 (MDT)
I got a Production Certificate about 10 years ago from BMIHT.

Then they were only able to track VIN Number, Axle Number (never
found it on my car), and Key number (oh for security key number is on
the lock in those days you could buy Austin keys by key number from
a hardware store !!!).

I was told the engraved body number (by brake cylinder) was the Pressteel number
as the bodies were made, they then got shipped to Abingdon for
final assembly. They used the bodies roughly in the order of
arrival from PressSteel so the numbers should be close.

The tags on the doors I understood were untraceable and may have
been added when doors etc were put on and at painting, though that
was a guess from BMHIT.

Robert

>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:06:03 -0700
>From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
>Subject: Re: ID tag

>Robert

>I believe this number was used to track the body assemblies. They were
>built in a different facory and delivered to Abingdon for assemby. This
>number is not recorded by BMIHT, but the right hand door post number is.

>Gerard

>At 6:14 PM -0700 4/19/01, Robert Sexson wrote:
>>Behind the drivers side door post, hinge side, there is a small tag with
>>some letters and numbers. I cant read them, to much paint. What is this tag?
>>Does anyone know? TIA
>>
>>R. Sexson

///