I'm back!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm back!
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 02:24:54 EDT
Hello All-

I have returned from a several month exile from these lists. The company I
formally worked for, as a benefit, gave us free AOL accounts, but once I
left, I was unable to keep my username, and had to get a new one.

Anyhow, I am happy to be back in the fold again. I'm pleased to say I've
already had the Midget out a few times already, and she is running great. It
truly amazes me that I can let a 23 year old car sit in my garage for about 5
months, and only running her at idle every other week or so, and then start
driving her again, and she behaves just as well as when I drove her into the
garage for the last time last year.

As a side, I have new neighbors across the street from me. Since I was
working in the yard today, I had the garage open, and the woman spotted my
car. She asked if it was an MG or a Triumph, and I told her what it was. In
response, she tells me her dad owned an Austin Healy 3000, and that is the
car he taught her to drive stick shift on. She said this was back in the
sixties, so it had to have been a new car at the time. So, I asked her what
her first car was, and she said well, since I liked standard shift cars, I
got a Ford Falcon. Granted, the car has its fans, but its no A-H 3000.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing my friends in the CT MG Club, and I
hope several of you will turn up at British Cars by the Sea in Waterford, CT,
in June.

Cheers,
Tom
78 Midget