Re: Seats

To: Edrick Adams <je.adams@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Seats
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:44:52 -0400
Cc: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>, Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Edrick Adams wrote:

> 1/8"  "tempered" masonite would be my choice as it's less bulky and
> essentially waterproof.  Only problem is that like Plywood it won't
> take compound bends.

On the contrary.
If you wet the masonite (soak it good) then bend it to the shape you
want. Put it out in the sun with weights where the bends are (or where
you want them to be) It takes some fiddling but I made a new headliner
panel this way for my Jaguar.
I did have to make the more serious bends with 2 attemps but it worked.
When dry, waterproof it with contact cement (2 coats all sides)
I made a new headliner for my daughters mitsubitchi this way too because
that jap car came with 1/16" styrofoam backer board for a headliner.
It crumbled on the way out.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ