Re: Gas price crusade x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: trev9@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas price crusade x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:59:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/01 4:06:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
trev9@earthlink.net writes:

> The Arabs have us by the crotch for just as long as we refuse to
> take advantage of the resources we have right here in our own country.
> You better pray that Bush succeeds in getting those oil wells pumping in
> Alaska and the Gulf pretty damn quick.  Three dollars a gallon?  Thats
> just for starters.  Ask any one of your British friends what he has been
> paying for his petrol for the past 20 years.
> Good luck.

I agree Roy...and there are a lot of west Texans that would love to see the
idled wells pumping.

A couple of months ago a friend of mine was in a company in eastern NM that
runs tank trucks to the oil wells (you didn't think they were all connected
by pipeline did you?).  While he was there, the fellow in charge got a phone
call and after hanging up he stood up and announced to the drivers that they
were shutting down until the price of crude went up.

These particular wells are owned by Arabs.

I don't like paying too much for fuel...but what would really Pi$$ me Off
would be for us to do what Britain has done...the vast majority of their cost
per gallon is TAXES!

Daniel 1312 could be more exact, but isn't it over $3 of the $4 cost per
gallon that is one form of tax or another?  Ought to have flippin gold plated
freeways with that kind of tax.

R Houston

///