Re: to shave or not to shave

To: <NewNGsInfo@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: to shave or not to shave
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:08:09 -0500
<<If you have a car that you want for performance, fun, looks, and to retain
the "best of British" look, then moulding the beads is not ir-reversable
either! >>

John, after "shaving" the beads off, would you PLEASE "enlighten" the group
as to HOW you intend to get them back??

 <<I draw the line at making the car very hard to put back in some
future life, but replacing the beads would require no more in most cases
than
what is required to do them right from "rust original" anyway.>>

WHAT???

<<If you are trying to say that no Bugeye should me modified in any way,
then
say so.  I'll tell you what.  Most folks who start out with that "grand
idea"
are sorry when they see the profit from many of the bolt on upgrades that
are
the pleasure of conservative restorers.>>

Huh?? Go have another brew!

 << You trying to say we should not have
better brakes such as you have advocated in the past?>>

Er, PLEASE "prove" to the List that I said ANYTHING close to that sentence.
To me, "better" brakes on a Frogeye is rebuilding/replacing PROPER parts
PROPERLY.   Second best thing??  Remember not to do your normal TAILGATING!!

Sometime pay real attention to traffic around you.  Is everyone propery
spaced whist motoring around some "beltway" or another??  You don't have
enough $$$ to cover my bet.

Does everyone stop at a traffic control device with SPACE between themselves
and other vehciles around them??  You don't have enough $$$ to cover my bet.

Next??

Ed

PS:  YES, I would trade my "Hortense" for Glen's baby!
(er, "maybe"<G>)

///