Steering wheel replacement / alignment

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering wheel replacement / alignment
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 00:01:54 -0400
Well, I just won a Grant Mahogony steering wheel on eBay. Just need to order
a mount kit now. But I have some questions.

Currently my steering wheel is turned about 30 degrees to the right when
going straight ahead. The wheel alignment seems fine though - no pulling
either direction and no strange tire wear. What I'm wondering is if my car
( 71 Midget ) has a "keyed" steering wheel or if it can be installed in any
orientation as long as it's properly fitted over the splines. I assume the
adaptor kit would have to mount in the same way (keyed or not). I'm hoping I
will be able to simply align the adaptor in such a way that the wheel is
correctly aligned.

Thanks,

Eddie
1971 Midget