Re: Buttonwillow

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buttonwillow
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 23:13:37 -0700
Yes there was more than two Bugeyes entered including a concours winner
of 1999!
There were actually at least 6 or 7 Bugeyes there.  Very few square
bodied cars.
Great fun all weekend.  Saw at least 3 people from the list this
weekend.   I
have to attribute my win, in part, to this list.  Everyone on the list
has been a
tremendous help in finishing my car.  Thank you!
     Jon for got to tell you, he won TWO trophies today.  One for his
Bugeye
(very nice car!) and one for his TR8.  Very nice bunch of people in the
Bakersfield club.  Thanks jon for the help this weekend.
     It was upper 80s during the day and in the low 50s at night.  My
son and I
stayed in a tent on the show grounds.  We baked during the day and froze
at
night.  We still had a blast!  A lot of different kinds of cars.  Took
some
pictures and will try to post some in the next day or so.
     Met Tony Bennetto from the Bugeye Barn in Australia ther on Sunday
just
before I left.  He will be stopping by my house in a couple of days and
I will
inform the list of anything Tony has for our cars that might be of
interest.  He
is dropping off a few sets of the cockpit screws that he has produced to

faithfully copy the originals with the half moon cuts on the head.  I
want a
couple of sets for my self and at least one other list member has
expressed
interest in a set.
     Once again,  we had a ball this weekend, even if Moss was involved.

Mike MacLean-(First Place)-60 Sprite

Jon Paschke wrote:

> Let me be the first to inform those interested that Mike MacLean took
first
> place in the Sprite/Midget class at the Moss British car Extravaganza.
What