Re: Amy's sprite weekend lodging

To: breiz@bellatlantic.net, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Amy's sprite weekend lodging
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 13:30:27 EDT
Cc: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
In a message dated 5/9/01 10:52:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
breiz@bellatlantic.net writes:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess you mean the SW end of the state!  I am near Philadelphia, so I don't
want to go past Latrobe to find a motel in Greensburg.

BUT, I did find an Econolodge in Bedford, which looks like it is near the PA
Turnpike about 50 miles East of Latrobe.  I could shoot out there on Friday
night, stay over at the motel, and be there Saturday morning, refreshed and
ready to help screw up...er...fix up your car!  It looks like Route 30 and
the PA Turnpike are both near Bedford, so I'll hit a diner for breakfast,
then 50 miles out Route 30, shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday morning.

Here's the deal.  The Econolodge is $40 for the night for one person or
$44.10 for two people in two beds.  (It's only $40.50 for 2 in the same bed.
But I am picky about things like that!  Single females, 35-45, e-mail me off
list!  ;-)

I will go out on Friday night (5/25) and help on Saturday, but I have to
leave Saturday night to come back to Abington.  If someone would like to
share a ride out and the room on Friday night, I am listening.  You could
then return with me on Saturday night, or stay on thru Sunday and hitch a
ride back with someone else.  (Or walk, I don't care!)

BTW, Abington is just a little North of Philadelphia so we can meet anywhere
West of Abington...Plymouth Meeting, Norristown, King of Prussia, etc. along
the PA Turnpike corridor.  Preferably an easy hop off the turnpike.

Sorry, the Midget won't be going this time.  I'll be in the Mitsubishi.
Besides, it holds more tools and has air conditioning.

Get back to me if there is any interest.  And Frank, let us know what your
plans are for going out.  Friday night and stay at Amy's, or unbelievably
early on Saturday morning.  I figure it is about 300 miles for you.  At 70MPH
it is over 4 hours driving straight thru.  Out the PA Turnpike, then out
Route 30, it looks like about 130 miles past Carlisle.  (Sorry.  All this
rally stuff keeps getting in the way.  I'll use my rally computer and measure
it exactly.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget