Re: Assembly is reverse of removal....

To: Maclean Mike <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Assembly is reverse of removal....
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 23:38:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Maclean Mike wrote:

> What's the best method to replace the driveshaft after pulling it out to
> R&R the u-joint?

Mike

Don't listen to Larry, where would you put the nuts and bolts on the
front?

Try the tape trick.
Use masking tape (not duct tape) and tape the front yoke straight, with
a helper just slide it onto the tail shaft,

Sometimes a wad of newspaper holds it straight. Wad it up and stuff the
U joint.
The tape will come off in a few miles, just remember it's there when it
starts thumping the trans tunnel on it's way off the d/shaft.
I jump and my heart skips a beat every time that tape comes loose.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ