1098 and 1275 Sprite clutch slaves..

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1098 and 1275 Sprite clutch slaves..
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:39:35 +0200
Good morning Spridget and MG lists,

Thanks to all who gave advice last time I asked for it.

My Sprite is fitted with a 1098 engine (should be 1275).

On Saturday I bought a 1098 clutch slave cylinder but have since discovered
that a 1275 was actually fitted to the car, although this unit may never have
worked since the car was not run by the previous owner.

The clutch master cylinder is from a 1275 but I do not know whether the gearbox
is from 1098 or 1275.

My questions are:
- Given that I do not know which gearbox is fitted, which slave should I use ?
- Are the differences between 1098 and 1275 slave just cosmetic ?
- Do they have a different stroke ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Louis Mehr
Manchester, England
1971 A-H Sprite
(Still not running, awaiting carb parts)