Re: Explosion at Tailpipe

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Explosion at Tailpipe
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:16:49 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hmmm. But how/why would that bit of "weeped" fuel get into
a cylinder a) before the regular intake of fuel when the intake valve
opens, and 2) at such a time that the explosion occurred when the
exhaust valve was open (after ??) normal ignition, so that the
POP! would echo thru the open exhaust valve and out the tail.

Are we sure this isn't a valve problem about to strike??

BTW - after an (expensive!) valve job, intended to get new
valve guides installed, the car once again emits a puff of smoke
at startup sometimes (ever while running). Is there a tie in?

yikes!

chuckc