Abarth "Period" Muffler

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Abarth "Period" Muffler
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 01:27:04 -0700
Has anyone heard of the original Abarth muffler for the 948 Sprite?
Someone has just offered a new in the box example that was purchased
many years ago.  He said he bought it hoping to use it on a 1275, but it
only fits a 948 Bugeye.  It has a black wrinkle finish and twin triple
chrome exhaust tips.  I was quoted a price of $150.00
Seems like a lot for a muffler.  He also claims it flows more than the
stock muffler, but not quite as much as an RC40.  I must admit, just the
name Abarth makes it tempting.  Are there any of these still around,
like at swap meets?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite