Re: Hole in Dash Where Washer Pump Belongs

To: Dan Corning <d-corning@home.com>
Subject: Re: Hole in Dash Where Washer Pump Belongs
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:02:07 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan Corning wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm still searching for a windshield washer pump for my Bugeye.  I may have
> found one in eBay

That is NOT a Bugeye washer pump.
It is not even a MKIII Sprite pump but it is closer to a later MKIII
pump then it is to a bugeye pump. Probably early MGB.

I do have a washer pump but it's stuck in a dash board and I can not get
it out. How bad do you want me to try?
FWIW a (NOS) Cigar lighter does fit in the washer pump hole perfectly.
And if you unscrew the "Screen Wash Push" knob, it fits the cigar
lighter elelment perfectly too. So it looks correct and lights your
smoke. Or charges your cell phone.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ