Re: Sprite MKi - Bonnet removal

To: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Tim & Brigitte" <tim@webadz.co.za>, "Sprite" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite MKi - Bonnet removal
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:48:30 -0700
At 7:06 PM -0500 6/3/01, JustBrits wrote:
>Gerard wrote and I quote:
>
><<"Yes but not easily.">>
>
>UNDERSTATEMENT!!!<G>  BTDT

What can I say, I'm resourceful...

><< If it's your first time, I recommend you have an extra
>pairs of hands to avoid damage to he body parts and to yourself.>>
>
>Sorry Gerard, I disagree.  TWO extra pairs of hands!!

Sorry ED, I know you think that California is tha land of freaks, but I
really don't know anybody with two pairs of extra hands... I didn't know
you were from West Virginia?

><< The front end is relatively heavy >>
>
>"Relative" to WHAT??  The Queen Mary???<BG>

The back end, you goof...'-)

><<so keep it stabilized in the up position while you
>remove the four bolts in each hinge. Getting it back on without damaging
>anything is the hard part. I would also take pictures of the hinge-bolt
>relationships for when you need to re-align it later.>>
>
>Also "ok" but I would "scribe" them.  Also, BTDTMsigh>.

You don't really think you'd see scribe marks through a few coats of primer
and finish coat do you?

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints