1275 Pistons??

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 Pistons??
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:46:55 -0500
I found that the ring landing on the top compression piston on the
engine I am rebuilding  is bad. I came home and dug into the parts boxes
of the last 1275 that a buddy and I pulled apart so he could see the
innards. The ring landing on these pistons looks better,
but............... there is are 4 strange notches milled into the
pistons, two on each side of the pin, right below the oil ring. They
appear to be some sort of diverter to oil the rod pin. I can send a
picture to anyone that feels that they can offer up some enlightenment
about these pistons, i.e. who made them, are they worth using, why the
slots.................... TIA, Brad (one of the 3) Fornal