Flex Fan

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flex Fan
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:33:45 -0700
Anybody out there running a Flex Fan on a Spridget? Does anybody know if
they even make one small enough to fit?

During a Rally a couple of weeks ago there was a long twisty uphill stretch
where the object was to maintain a 22 MPH average. This required all 2nd and
3rd gear driving, mostly 2nd. About 1/2 mile from the summit we had to stop
and let the Bugeye cool down (kept me from winning the Rally). The electric
fan just does not push enough air and the speed was too low  under those RPM
Vs MPH conditions  to get enough air flow to cool it.

I've run the 6 blade plastic fan in the past and they do not stand up to
high RPM's. I had a used one and a new one come apart at somewhere north of
7000 RPM. One did no damage but the other punched a hole in the radiator.

BTW on the Rally I ended up finishing 2nd and "Wrong Way" Rick finished 3rd.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com