Reinforcing body

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Reinforcing body
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 04:12:11 EDT
Hey list. I know this was discussed a long time ago but I can't find it in
the archives. How do you reinforce the body of a Sprite so it doesn't sag or
deform when you cut the floor pans and rockers out? It seems someone said to
weld steel bars in both door ways and another across to connect them. If this
is what I need to do what size bar do I need?

And is it fairly simple to remove the rockers? Which should be replaced
first, the rockers or the floor pans?

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1979 Trans Am
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
Welcome to my british car site</A>