Re: Electric Cooling Fans

To: Maclean Mike <macleans@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Cooling Fans
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:25:13 -0400
I have a Hayden 12" in front of the rad. The only reason it is in front of
the rad is there ain't no room behind it. The fan pulley is too close. Moss
recommends a 10" but I found the 12 to fit quite snugly.

I have the 185 F sensor in the top of the rad between the fins. If you go
this way be very careful installing the probe. If the coolant is on the
floor it won't heat up the temp probe and the fan won't go on. And it costs
about $35 just to get the hole plugged, but while you are getting the hole
plugged you might as well boil and paint the rad and get a drain valve
installed. (I didn't and now it needs it, although I already did the valve)
Oops too much info I was gonna make you guess how I knew those things.

Anyway I am very happy with it. It never goes above 195 (I also have an oil
cooler) and the engine revs a bit quicker when it don't have to haul that
fan and clutch around.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 6/12/01 4:40 AM, "Maclean Mike"
<macleans@earthlink.net> made the profound statement:

> Anyone running electric cooling fans?  What kind is best and how's the
> best way to mount?
> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

 I have great faith in fools - my friends call it self-confidence.
 - Edgar Allen Poe