Re: Manifold nuts on 1500

To: KGROWLER@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manifold nuts on 1500
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:24:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/01 11:17:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KGROWLER@aol.com writes:

> The fitting that threads into the manifold seems to have bent slightly
> just past where it was threaded in on top of welding itself to the pipe.
> Botomline is that it can't be tightened in without the pipe ending up about
> 60 degrees out of position. Anyone have a 77-79 air pipe they didn't throw
> as
> far as they could when they removed the pump? Or does anyone know what

I asked this same question last year.  My '77 Midget is desmogged and the
plug in my manifold blew out.  I ended up using a pipe plug, filing it until
it was tapered and fit into the hole, and using muffler putty to "glue" it in
place.  No problems so far.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget