Thermostat & Oil gauge Removal - Frogeye

To: "Sprite" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thermostat & Oil gauge Removal - Frogeye
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:12:58 +0200
Hi list

More advice please -

I am trying to remove the radiator & have hit the following snag: The Oil &
Water combo gauge has only the oil part working  - the cable for the water
side has been cut off just behind the gauge. There is a second separate
water gauge with its own cable that looks similar to the piece left at the
back of the combo gauge.

Further the bolt holding this 'new' cable in the radiator is seized &
rounded (not by me but I have made it worse). Now my aim is to do away with
the separate gauge and get the combo repaired - my questions are:

1) Is the combo gauge & the cable one part & if so will someone like Moss be
able to repair it - the cable being cut off?

2) How do I get the existing cable out of the radiator without destroying it
and the radiator?

Thanx

Tim

1960 Frogeye