SU Carb Needle dimensions?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Carb Needle dimensions?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:46:48 -0400
We've been troubleshooting some strange problems.  I've a 1961\62 Sprite with
the 1098 Engine.

Along with some Ignition problems, it just runs too rich.  The jet, in order
to run well at all, is roughly 1/16 ABOVE the base.  I think the jet tip is
supposed to be below that base. What I need are some confirmation of some
dimensions of the needles.  Or some suggestions as to what could be going on
wtih the carbeurator.
My father has a lot of experience with the Big Healey's (BJ7\BJ8), but we've
run out of ideas.

The Needle at the base is .085, and at the tip is .065.  And it roughly 1
15/32 long.  Do we have the right needles?  I'm pretty sure we have the right
jets.

Can anyone tell me, or measure their's, if I have the right Needles.
Something is not right....and I'm just tryingeliminate some things.

Thanks,

Andrew Sisson
Cincinnati, Ohio