Holley Carb on Judson

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, judson@autox.team.net
Subject: Holley Carb on Judson
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:08:20 -0700
Does anyone have much experience with the Holley carb model 2042 on the
Judson supercharger for the Sprite?  I wondered why I could not get the
car started for the past two days.  I called Holley Carbs Technical Help
Line today and asked someone why the carb is flooding.  The response was
to check the float level.  Seemed like a good answer at the time.
Tonight I checked the float level and it was O.K., so I put it back
together.  I then pumped fuel into the float bowl via the mechanical
pump manual lever.  Not sure if I filled the float bowl or not, but
after about a dozen strokes on the fuel pump lever I watched into the
carb throat to see what was happening.  With every pump of the fuel pump
lever a like amount of fuel would enter the carb throat!  I may be wrong
here, but shouldn't the float bowl fill up and the float float up and
shut of the fuel flow when it seats the needle on the seat.  No fuel
should flow now until the throttle (which was closed) is opened.  Am I
missing something?
Mike MacLean (Almost Supercharged) 60 Sprite