Re: Clutch Problem

To: Maclean Mike <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:14:32 -0700
Mike,

I'm thinking maybe your over extending your clutch. Depending on how the
rod at your pedal box is adjusted, you may not have enough freeplay or
maybe just have too much stroke. I'd either try to get a look though the
opening opposite the clutch fork, or remove the clevis pin on you slave
cylinder and get a feel for where your TO bearing makes contact with the
mating surface of the clutch. Then look at the relationship of the slave
rod to the rest postion of the fork. Was the slave rod ever lengthened that
you know about. I believe there are different length rods too (from
different years/engines)

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -