Cam Timing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam Timing
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:23:59 -0700
Thanks for the recommendations regarding offset keys. I'm now trying to
determine which to use, if I even need one at all.

I have made several sample reading using a dial gauge and it appears that
the full lift on intake #1 is at about 106 to 107 degrees ATDC. According
to Vizards book, page 242, the full inlet life for a stock 1275 cam is 110
degrees ATDC. However, in he text, he recommends that the timing be
advanced 4 degrees like the non performance Metro cam to 106 degrees. So it
seems that I am in good territory just as it is. My question is, since the
timing chain and gears are all brand new, should any any degree
compensation be made for break in? In other words should an offset key be
used in consideration of things loosening up, or should I go with just as
it is?

Any opinons on this?

Thanks, and Happy 4th to everyone.

Gerard