Re: top

To: "List, Spridget Mail" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: top
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:40:02 -0400
If they would have let me drive, I would have been home dry.  But no, 3
cycles of the light to get away from work.  I could have been home in less
than that amount of time.  It wasn't raining for the first 2 cycles.  Then
it started to rain hard just before I cleared the intersection.  Before I
cleared the next light ( 2 cycles ) it was really coming down and on the
ramp, it was coming down like Datsun cogs ( cats and dogs? ) and I couldn't
wipe the water off my face fast enough to see what was around me. That,
coupled with the fact that I don't have wipers on the inside of the
windscreen, made me just about blind.  I don't think that the people with
roofs could see either, and it was getting precariously close to mixing
fenders.  When I saw the sea of red taillights, that was it for me.

Crossing that next street took about 15 minutes.  It gave me some time to
dry things up ( including the inner windscreen . . . Did I mention that I
hadn't put the blower back in? ) and the sounds of the car with the top up
made me reminisce about my 'B that used to travel in all kinds of non-winter
weather.

That was my first spridget trip with the top up, with the exception of the
short trip to deliver Miss Marple to the inspection garage this spring.

Can I lurk?  :)

Robert D.