Re: clutch fork

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: clutch fork
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:36:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com wrote:

> How far does the clutch fork travel on the ribcase tranny
> My engineer buddy and I are designing a cable clutch for spridgets and want to
> get the mechanical ratios correct
> Just imagine, no more brake fluid on our feet

  Maybe some people have really bad luck with hydraulics,
but I can't imagine a cable clutch being less work overall
than hydraulics.

  Adjusting a cable is usually more finicky and time consuming
than rebuilding and bleeding a hydraulic unit, and adjustment
is something that has to be done often.

  I think there is a reason why "hydraulic clutches" are
pretty much universal. During the period when they were
sort of newfangled car companies made a big deal about
it on sales brochures!

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca