Re: Seat belts

To: billh@aaai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat belts
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:15:44 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/01 10:13:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, billh@aaai.com
writes:

> I'm trying to put seat belts in my Sprite. Problem is the PO (DPO in this
> case) put new rockers in but there is no threaded "nut" on the rocker side
> for the seat belts. Any ideas on how and where to mount this side? My only

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Seat belts need to be fastened very securely.  A nut on the other side of
sheet metal is not good enough because it concentrates the force of impact on
a very small area, and it will pull right thru.  You should drill thru the
floor and bolt thru a reinforcing plate underneath to spread out the force.

Considering the number of accidents that have been posted on the Spridgets
and MG lists recently, don't take any chances!

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget