Re: Blue smoke -sequel

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blue smoke -sequel
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:51:27 +0100
OK, thanks Y'all for help and advice.  I feel better for it even if
the problem is not cured.

It seems from all that has been said, and confimed by compression
tests, that:
a) my PCV set up is as it should be
b) I've got a blow job - whoops bit of a giveaway - a blow by job
c)rings may be not seated properly, or maybe broken, or upside down?
(they have a slight taper don't they?)

If c, then it is down to poor assembly or wrong parts - not me,
assembled at engineers shop, but probably too long ago now for me to
do much about it.
Only way to check this out is to strip engine which is not good news
when I want to be driving!!

Guy