questions for the bodywork gurus

To: "Spridget mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: questions for the bodywork gurus
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:23:17 -0400
Hi all,

In the spirit of "measure twice, cut once" I have a question or two.

I have my shell upside down in the frame, cleaned up a bit, and I put some
naval jelly over the seams on the floor to remove some of the rust.

I've laid down the new floos on top of the old ones to check fit, to see what's
coveered and what's not. With the new floors in place, there's a gap between
them, about 3 inches, right where the centre part of the underside of the trans
tunnel is. Anyone have any reccommendations on what to leave behind there? I'm
guessing I should leave the floors in place under the trans tunnel for
strength. The one complication is that there's a bit of rust on the right side
of the trans tunnel itself, where the seam is gone and the fllor is rusted
through. Obviously it needs a patch too. Any tips from someone who has BTDT?

For patching up little spots, what gauge sheetmetal should I use?

TIA

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu