Re: home today..from the hillclimb, Reason for Chuck's missing Day 2

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: home today..from the hillclimb, Reason for Chuck's missing Day 2
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:34:17 -0400 FILETIME=[FA285760:01C10E68]
"Charles Christ wrote:

>i had a blast yesterday running the hillclimb.   but a nagging knee
>tempered>my return today.  having traveled alone the task of getting the
>car on thetrailer and tied down when tired reminded me that i was not up
>for a second day at giant's despair.

The REAL reason Chuck's knee was botherin him was he hurt it unloading MY
Bugeye Friday night. I'm REALLY sorry CHUCK!!!
Good move on my part, injure the guy who's gonna restore your car. DOH!!
First off, let me thank all those on the list for there offers of help and
parts to restore my Dad's Bugeye. I took Chuck up on his offer of help.
After playing much phone tag last Thursday and Friday, I hauled it from
Seneca Falls NY to to his place, near Allentown , Pa.
3 hours late, I was. He would be late to his Dad's annual bash, but bring it
here he said, anyway.
We arrived, and Chuck was both disappointed and excited to see it.
Disappointed in all the surface rust from sitting for a few years without
paint.
Excited, by finding a "time capsule" of a SCCA HP Bugeye from the 70's. All
the period mods and parts still on it.
I didn't mean to keep him long as he had his party to go to and the race the
next day, but we wound up chatting for about 3.5 hours. Sorry again, Chuck.
I have to decide whether to restore it as a race car or street car, or a
hybrid.
We'll talk, Chuck.

In the interest of brevity and bandwidth, I'll end this chapter. Chapter 3
soon.

Brian Seavey

 >the event needs more spridgets!
Maybe Mine Next year, Chuck!