Re: Judson Experience

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Judson Experience
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:40:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/01 8:18:04 PM, SDOliner@aol.com writes:

<< As people on this list already know from some other stupid questions I
have
posed, I am rebuilding a 1275 to put into my Bugeye.
Let's keep this really simple now.
I have a Judson Supercharger which I was planning on using. >>

David,

Judsons were made for 948 and 1098 engines but I am pretty sure they were not
made for 1275's.  I have heard of folks who have mated Judsons to 1275's but
it is not a just a bolt it on task.  For one thing the breather pipe coming
off of the timing cover is in the way of the drive belt; if you use the
proper crank pulley.  I also think there are several other "little" problems
to overcome in order to succeed in that mating.

I am looking at putting our Judson on a 1275 just because I am crazy enough
to like the challange of finding a nice way to get them together and maybe
get over 100 hp out of the engine.  This is a long term project and may not
happen for a while.

Bob and Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)