1275 to 1380 (no sad story here)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 to 1380 (no sad story here)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 02:02:45 EDT
All,

60 thou over does not get 1380... you have do do the offset bore... 2 and 3
get 10 thou outboard, 1 and 4 get 20 thou outboard.  The bore is 73.5 mm and
requires new pistons. A machinist will charge alot of setup if you do not
have a torque plate to bolt on so they can just center on the new offset
bore.  The advantage of such plate is that you also have the block pre
stressed to the operating torque for the final hone.

Such an engine build is a very good way to go if done this way and with the
right cam and carb combo.  To get any more from an A series block requires
stroking the rods or going to a radical cam.

I'm happy with my 1380 setup, but it has been an adventure and I don't
recommend it for the faint of heart or the folks who think they can buy one
"off the shelf" from some of the usual suspects.

In short, I'm glad I was able to develop a torque plate for the project.

John Carey
61 Bugey at:>
http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm