Re: MSD Pedigree, etc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MSD Pedigree, etc
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:23:22 -0500
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:46:51 -0400 "Roger Sieling"
<Rogsie@telesistech.com> writes:
> David,
>
> By Lucas Sport Coils I trust you mean the old red, ribbed top,
> screw-in HT lead Sport Coil, not necessarily the newer smooth white
> one, since we are talking vintage here.
>
> I'm waiting for my Pertronix unit to arrive and pondered whether the
> red Sports coil I have would work.
>
> Roger

I'm talking about the cylindrical gold-colored traditional-looking coil
as available through Moss Motors, no ribs.  I don't think there is
anything non-vintage about it.  If you're not sure your coil will work
you can contact the Pertronix tech people and they should be able to tell
you.  You can find information on how to test it at
http://www.pertronix.com/technical_questions.htm.  Click on "What type of
coil can I use with the Ignitor?"

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII