To boil or not to boil...

To: "List, Spridget Mail" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: To boil or not to boil...
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:19:48 -0700
Cc: Minor Mail list <minor-list@poundbury.co.uk>
Hi Gang,
    I have the tank out of my minor, and while looking pretty good,
there is still a fair amount of rust and sludge that needs to be taken
care of.  There is a place here in town  that does an excellent job of
boiling out tanks and coating the inside, but when I had my Fury tank
done about 2 years ago (it was much worse than this one) the charge was
about $130 (new 63 Fury gas tanks are NLA)

    My question is this:  Has anyone tried one of the DIY kits from M**s
or Eastwood, and if so, what were the results?  Held up well over time?
    I'm well aware of the New Jersey method of "throw another tank on
the barbie" but that's not an option for me.
Also, I see no provision of getting the plastic "sock" or filter off the
end of the pickup tube in the tank.  anyway to replace or remove it?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq
Photo Album: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/

"'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language.
Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence?"
Steven Wright