Weber info.

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber info.
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:02:38 -0500
Hi Frank and List,
I found a book at Pep Boys that covers Webers, SUs and ZSs.  $13
investment.  That book recommends 50F9 idle jets.  Vizard recommends
50F2 idle jets.  You may want to check your "progression orifices".
Looking at the carb from the manifold side, there should be one large
hole, I think (about 1/8") that you can see when the throttle is
closed.  The DCOE I have here has 5 little holes that are exposed as the
throttle passes by them in the bore.  You can see them after you start
to open the throttle.   If one or more is clogged, you may have a rich
situation at part throttle.  The little holes near the butterfly supply
fuel at part throttle positions.  As the butterfly moves open it exposes
one orifice, then two, then three, then four, five, then the aux venturi
starts feeding.  The aux venturi is the thing that goes between the ram
pipe and the choke tube.  HTH.
Cheers,
Derf