Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:38:36 -0400
Cc: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Frank.
>
> I can add one more to the "confirmed list". I opened up a 12CC block last
> year to find it had sleeves too. (also the nitrided crank...'-)
>
> One machinist who looked at the engine felt that the sleeves weren't
> properly installed since the ran "wild" out of the bottom of the bore
> instead of being stepped into the bore. Is this how the ones you've seen
> are too?

I had one with only 2 sleeves, It was re-ringed and still runs fine in
the A40. I never paid much mind to how the sleeves were since I know
many 12CC blocks had 1-4 sleeves.
Note on 12CC blocks, new aluminum waterpumps that "fit all A series"
will hit the first bore, so make a note of this.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ