PA rally

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: PA rally
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:17:45 -0400
Cc: valntine <valntine@ptd.net>
Once again I have sent out a message in a timely fashion :-)  I would
like to thank  Kevin, Kate, Rob, and Kim for doing a bang up job in
running their PA rally.  I had a great time.

We (my navigator and I) started with our sights set low.  We were
going to either get lost later in the rally or wind up on the brewery
tour.  I must say we accomplished neither.  We finished the rally and
place rather well if I must say so myself.

The rally also had a scavenger hunt portion which was fun except my
navigator kept making me slow down to look at trash on the side of the
road, and I quote, "Slow down that looks like it was a milk carton.
Back up. No, is just a piece of paper."  That must have happened about
a hundred times in the rally.  At one point we stopped to borrow some
balloons that were marking a party, but since the party goer's were
looking at me a wandered back to ask permission.  While I was at the
party I got quite a few other items.  I was gone so long that Lisa
came looking for me, just as I was about to join the party and have
some food and beer.  I was reminded that we were behind schedule.  If
we only had not stopped for all those "milk cartons".  The really funny
thing is the people holding the party were relatives of Kate.

As for the scoring of the scavenger hunt teams  103 and 112 (who members will
remain nameless) truly believed that you could take an ear of corn and
create anything on the scavenger hunt list.  It was really funny!  And
one of those ears was SO SMALL I thought it came from a Chinese buffets.

I saw Chuck on the rally, he was passing me and dropped out of warp to
ask for some "Grey Poupon", then he was gone in a cloud of Cam 2 fumes.
Chuck, the only one who did not know that "God was your
co-pilot" was you :-)  What an evil trick to play on a person.
BBBAAAWWWHHHAAAAA!  Better you than me.

Once again I would like to thank the Valentine family for putting
forth all their effort to run this rally.  It must be a really
large undertaking.  I had a fun time and the car ran fine.  The next
day I was called "Tomato head" by my father, so I now have a bottle of
sunscreen under the passenger seat.

--
Later,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net