Re: Best Exhaust System

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best Exhaust System
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:29:10 -0400
I'm sure there are several opinions on this. There are also several
considerations beyond just power vs silencing. For instance, cost!
There are many silencers out there, but the RC-40 or the Maniflow are
considered the best by people like David Vizard.

A couple of useful websites for more information include http://aptfast.com
and http://www.minimania.com

At minimania, look for Keith Calver's articles on exhaust systems.

Of course, you can get a flow-through glasspack at Racer's Wholesale
for under $20 and probably do all right.

In general, don't go bigger than a 2" pipe, something between 1.5 and
1.75 ID seems to keep the gas flow up.

Jeff

At 1:39 PM -0400 7/27/01, JRLNJ@aol.com wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a Bugeye with a 1275 & a LCB header (not sure about the cam), running
>into a straight pipe, with a small resonator at the back.
>It is way too loud, and the pipe is a larger diameter than the Header outlet.
>I need a replacement pipe and muffler.
>What exhaust pipe diameter & which muffler  would you recommend as a good
>balance for performance and noise control?
>Thanks,
>Ray Lynch
>Bugeye, Bugeye, BJ8

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu