Re: Smokin 1098

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smokin 1098
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 07:32:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/2001 11:49:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> Well new seals made no difference on my smokin 1098.
> I replaced the head after work today and it still smoked like a chimney.

Frank:

Could the 1098's problems have something to do with internal pressure causing
a blow-by  condition?  I am assuming youir rings are good, and it sounds like
everything else is in order.  Could lit be that for some reason there is a
higher pressure developing in the lower engine than in the top engine causing
the oil to be 'sucked past the rings?  Mayve the oil pressure relief valve or
spring are bad?  Or Maybe vent the lower engine, like you have to do with a
1500 if you remove all the toxic crap?  Just a guess.  I know the 1098 didn't
come toxed, but it could still be that pressures are differing in there for
some reason.

--David C.