Sag in rear spring.

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sag in rear spring.
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:49:07 -0400
My wife's 1969 Sprite lists to the left.  I suggested that
she trim down a bit, but that suggestion was not received
well.  Following that, I carefully jacked the car at each
suspension point to get the chassis level.  This was done on
a drive-on lift.  We determined that the left rear spring
needs to be compresses a full inch more than the right to
get the car to level.  All the mounting points seem to match
from one side to the other as to height above road level.

Trouble is, I replaced these springs about 4 years ago with
new ones from Moss.  Oh, well.

>From the steps I took, is there any question that the spring
is bad?

How many leaves are supposed to be on a 1275 Sprite spring?
I noticed in the catalogs that there are different springs
for 948/1098, 1275, and 1500.  The ones on the car are five
leaves.  I have an old rusty set with six leaves.  Are those
1500?  Do the spring rates increase as the engine size got
bigger?

Who is a good source for a replacement spring?

Thanks in advance for your help.