baking the wheels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: baking the wheels
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:54:56 -0400
Spridgeteers,

I am painting my steel wheels (thanks again, Frank!) and after
checking the archives, I see that a couple of listers bake the enamel
at about 300 degrees F for about an hour between coats. That seems
high. What are your experiences with painting/baking of wheels? Is
just leaving them in the sun all afternoon enough baking, or do I
need to commandeer the oven? I guess I could load them up in the
autoclave here in the lab (atmospheric pressure, of course), but I'd
just as soon do what it is necessary rather than what it ultimately
possible.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu