Re: 1312 returns

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1312 returns
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:41:04 -0400
You missed the FREE SPRIDGET GIVE-AWAY! That's right,
President-select Shrub used the massive US budget surplus to give
each citizen of the US and the UK a FREE, BMIHT-approved, new
Spridget made to 1967 specs.

Whitehouse aides stated that this action kills several birds with one
stone. With everyone driving small, economical, but fun cars,
dependence on foreign oil will plummet, as will emissions, and no
more pesky blow-outs due to Firestone tires not being able to support
the weight of SUVs, etc. Plus, since everyone will be having such a
good time in their fun little cars, there will be no more road rage
and thus less call for gun control. And finally, no need to install
red-light cameras; everyone is too scared to pull a red light!

President Bush further commented, "Mebbe this'll get the damn tree
huggers off my back! Tough nuggies on the Brits, though, 'cause we
ain't makin' any of 'em right hand drive!"

Environmentalists remain concerned that pre-1967 emissions standards
will become the norm rather than the exception, contrary what is
promised by the administration.

"That will never happen on my watch! The spridget exception to our
great nation's emissions laws is a one-shot deal!" stated the
president as he stepped into his US gov't Chevy Suburban.

At 4:36 PM -0400 7/31/01, Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>I'm back...
>
>Have I missed much since June?
>
>Daniel1312

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu