Oil Pump priming

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pump priming
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:27:15 -0400
I've been away from the list for a while. Changed e-mail addresses and had a
difficult time resubscribing. Probably my fault. As I left you, my gray Sprite
had oil pressure problems-none!
I pulled the engine and took it all apart. No blown head gasket, no damage to
the bearings, no oil in the water or vice versa. All I concluded was that the
oil pump gasket had small holes in it and the inlet and outlet passages were
tear drop shaped.
So when I put it back together, I made the holes in the gasket match up. The
antifreeze came from the water plug hole-there is no oil plug in this block as
in some I have used. My conclusion is that I was not patient enough in triny
to get oil pressure. Is there some way to pack the oil pump with something or
prime it?
I am using an A-plus oil pump from Mini Mania C-AEG412.
My reason for not having patience was that I had put in a whole week of late
nights putting in a new wiring harness (thanks Ed), MGB front brakes and a
million other things. I should have known better!
I am using 15W50 Mobil One oil.

Roger Cotting
59 Bugeye Yellow Beauty
60 Bugeye Ironhead
60 Bugeye project car
74 Midget Waiting for my son to find a place for it
80 TR8
95 3000GT