Re: baking the wheels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: baking the wheels
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:42:39 EDT
Jeff:

Sure you can bake them, and the formulas you already have are probably fine,
but it is going to take several hours because I doubt that you can put more
than one wheel at a time in the oven and it does stink.  We "baked" the
wrinkle paint on a dashboard (too big for the oven) with an aluminum foil
container and some heat lamps.  (AHHH the wonderful things we used to pull
out of the scrap heap at work.)  We made a frame of aluminum rod to wrap the
foil on. The odor was even kept to the garage rather than the whole house.

I don't know if it is bad  manners to suggest powder coating.  It wasn't
available in the 60's when we used the arrangement above, but it seems like a
much more sensible solution.  You shouldn't powder coat wires for the same
reasons you shouldn't chrome them.  If this is blasphemy, I apologize in
advance.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)